I am a LADC Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor in Private Practice. I provide person-centered, individualized Substance Use Disorder Services through a Co-Occurring, anti-oppressive, and culturally sensitive lens. I treat through both a harm reduction and abstinence-based lens.All treatment services are provided via Telehealth for those clinically appropriate in Minnesota.
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Telehealth group is held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4-7 pm. Individual sessions are scheduled in the afternoons, Monday through Thursday.
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or text 612.712.7785 to get started.
BS Bachelor’s of Science – Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling.
MS Masters of Science – Co-Occurring Disorders in Recovery Counseling.
• I only accept public health plans, specifically PMAPS, BHF (Behavioral Health Funds), and MA (Medical Assistance). I do not accept any private insurance plans.
• Co-occurring group is required for clients, held 4-7 PM, MON, WED, and THUR via Zoom. Note: High-intensity clients must already have a UA testing provider, such as probation or CPS. When appropriate, I provide supplemental oral UAs via an at-home testing kit via telehealth.
• The minimum duration for services is 90 days, but the average duration is six months, intending to achieve partial remission (clinical goal). For harm reduction methods, the duration of services is as long as needed to accomplish the harm reduction objectives. Treatment plans are tailored to individual (client) and clinical goals, focusing on person-centered and individualized treatment.
• All prescribed medications are accepted, provided that the client agrees to maintain an open release between myself and the prescriber. I obtain a medication list at least once a month to include it in my evolving case conceptualization.
• Mental Health therapy is provided after successful completion of SUDS treatment, if necessary, and sometimes during SUDS treatment when appropriate. Therapy is provided under the supervision of a clinical supervisor (LICSW). After 3-6 months of treatment, I will have developed my case conceptualization and have a more robust understanding of any underlying mental health conditions/diagnoses that may have presented themselves during SUDS care.
• Clients have access to HIPAA secure messaging with me during care.
• All clients receive the Addiction Recovery Skills Workbook (CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), Mindfulness, and Motivational Interviewing Techniques) and work through this individually with me and their group during care. For Harm Reduction clients, the workbook is Power Over Addiction: A Harm Reduction Workbook for Changing Your Relationship with Drugs.