Hello! I’m Jacqueline Getchius, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a doctor when I grew up. Some years later, as friends began to tell me how I had a knack of being a good listener, I realized that I enjoyed being able to be there for others in their time of need. Later, in college, I found that I had a great passion for learning about the inner workings of our minds and behavior. What I enjoy about providing women’s depression counseling in Minnesota, is that moment when a client reaches their goal and feels more peace in their day to day life.
Before beginning counseling, it can give you peace of mind to know your therapist’s background and credentials. You may be wondering what to look for in your therapist. Here, I will outline the education, experiences, and qualities that allow me to best serve you as a therapist. I have been in the mental health field for 17 years. During that time, I have consistently seen how women’s mental health can fluctuate across the lifespan. Therefore, it is an honor to help women like you find hope and healing through challenges that appear at each of life’s stages.
My qualifications include licensure is as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) through the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy. Additionally, it is a pleasure to be a member of Minnesota Women in Psychology.
- Outpatient individual and group therapy.
- Crisis counseling in Employee Assistance Programs.
- Managing patient care in Inpatient hospitals, Residential programs, and Partial hospital programs.
- Board Approved LPCC Supervisor in Minnesota.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with a Minor in Women’s Studies from Luther College in Iowa.
- Masters in Counseling and Psychological Services from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
Furthermore, in my counseling practice at Wellspring Women’s Counseling I integrate therapy techniques and theories from the following: