Partial Hospital Programs
When you need intensive care for a mental health condition, our outpatient partial hospitalization program is here to help.
Our two to four-week program is directed by a psychiatrist in a group therapy setting. It can help prevent and reduce hospitalization and support you or a loved one to remain in your home environment. Currently, the majority of our programming is provided in a virtual environment rather than onsite due to COVID-19.
What to expect
- Daily schedule is structured as a combination of mental health group psychotherapy, activity groups and education groups.
- Family therapy sessions are available upon request.
- Four to Five hours of therapeutic programming, five days per week.
- Program hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.; hours may vary slightly by location.
- Short-term, intensive mental health treatment for adults as an alternative to inpatient hospitalization
- A mix of virtual and face-to-face programming is available.
Adult Partial Hospital Programs: Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Mercy Hospital, Cambridge Medical Center, and United Hospital
Adolescent Partial Hospital Programs: United Hospital, WestHealth (Plymouth), and Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Day Treatment Programs
The Day Treatment Program assists clients in learning to cope with obstacles they are experiencing in daily life. Our goal is to help you achieve your optimum level of functioning by providing exceptional care, structure and support to stabilize and improve mental health. Currently, our programming is provided in a virtual environment rather than onsite due to COVID-19.
We provide assessment and treatment through a team approach that involves:
- group therapy
- psycho-educational and skill-building classes
- goal planning
- referral services
- discharge planning
What to expect
- Our program team is multidisciplinary and may include a nurse, therapist and program specialist who specialize in mental health.
- You will be involved in your treatment and discharge planning.
- The frequency and length of treatment is based on your unique needs.
- Most participants attend our program two to three times per week for an average of three months.
Adult Day Treatment Programs: Abbott Northwestern, United Hospital, Mercy Hospital, Cambridge Medical Center
Adolescent Afterschool Program: United Hospital, WestHealth (Plymouth)